MANAGING YOUR STRESS?
There is a good chance I have tricked you into reading this. I don’t have 5 tips for how to manage your stress because I don’t believe in managing your stress. Instead of managing your stress I believe in choosing not to be stressed in the first place.
I know what you are thinking.
You are thinking that I’m crazy because stress is not a choice it is a direct result of the circumstances of your life.
Your mind has you completely fooled into believing that you have no control over how you feel. It has been running the show without any oversight for so long that you don’t question what it is thinking and if those thoughts are actually true.
Even now I can see some of you shaking your head and saying, “No, my mind would never lie to me.”
Oh but it does.
All the time.
The good news is you have the power to control your mind, just like a Jedi Knight.
It takes a lot of observation and practice but it is possible.
MAKE LIKE A JEDI
Since I believe you should choose to not be stressed rather than just managing stress here are some tips for managing your mind when it comes to stress (Jedi mind trick comes later):
- Understand that in each and every situation you have a choice as to how you think. You can choose a negative thought or a positive thought, it’s all on you. If you choose a negative thought chances are that thought is going to lead to feelings of stress.
- Start to become aware of the thoughts you are having when you are feeling stressed out. Just become aware without trying to change anything.
- Accept the thoughts you are having that are leading you to feel stressed with no self-judgment or recriminations. Then just observe for a day or two the thoughts you are choosing to believe on a daily basis, again without trying to change them.
- Once you are aware of what you are thinking and have accepted those thoughts it’s time to start changing them. Now is when you can really embrace the idea that stress is completely optional because only you can create it by choosing the thoughts you are choosing.
- Get on with your badass, stress-free life.
If this makes any sense, or no sense, to you that’s fine. For further explanation and some thoughts on how you can get your mind under control click the button below and schedule for a free 30 minute consultation with me!